Post Office EasyID Website Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 20 August 2021
By using easyidapp.postoffice.co.uk (the “EasyID Website”) you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use the EasyID Website.
1. Welcome to the EasyID Website
- Yoti Limited is a company located at 130 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 5DJ (company number 08998951), but you can call us “Yoti“. We operate and host the EasyID Website on licence from Post Office Limited.
- To contact us, please email email@example.com.
2. Changes to these terms and the EasyID Website
- Yoti amends these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the EasyID Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- Yoti may update and change the terms or the content on the EasyID Website from time to time to reflect changes to Post Office EasyID, our users’ needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
3. We may suspend or withdraw the EasyID Website
- The EasyID Website is made available free of charge.
- Yoti does not guarantee that the EasyID Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the EasyID Website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
4. How you may use material on the EasyID Website
- Yoti is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the EasyID Website, and in the material published on it. The Post Office roundel and name is used by Yoti under licence from the Post Office Limited. The Post Office name and roundel are the registered trademarks of Post Office Limited. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the EasyID Website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on the EasyID Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors, or unless expressly permitted in an agreement you have with us.
- You may use the EasyID Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the EasyID Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data or send or upload any material, that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the EasyID Website;
- any equipment or network on which the EasyID Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the EasyID Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party; and
- Not to reverse engineer, modify, hack, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of the EasyID Website; and
- Not to use any spidering, crawling or similar applications on the EasyID Website.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
5. Information on the EasyID Website
- We make reasonable efforts to update the information on the EasyID Website, but make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the EasyID Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- The content on the EasyID Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- We use the open source libraries in this link.
6. We are not responsible for websites we link to
- Where the EasyID Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
7. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a organisation user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of the Post Office EasyID identity services to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions applicable to Post Office EasyID.
If you are an organisation:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the EasyID Website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the EasyID Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the EasyID Website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for: loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect, consequential or incidental loss or damage.
If you are a consumer:
- Except as provided for by these or other terms and conditions accepted by you, you agree not to use the EasyID Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- We do not guarantee that the EasyID Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the EasyID Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
9. Rules about linking to the EasyID Website
- You may link to the EasyID Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to the EasyID Website in any website that is not owned by you.
- The EasyID Website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of the EasyID Website other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on the EasyID Website other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
11. Registered trademarks
- “Yoti” is a registered trade mark of Yoti Ltd. You are not permitted to use the Yoti trademark without our prior written approval.
- “Post Office” and the Post Office roundel are registered trademarks of Post Office Limited.